|Last Date to Apply:||None|
|Organization:||United State of America|
For Pakistani Students who are looking to continue their study in abroad we provide here How to get Student Visa for USA from Pakistan. As we all know that it is not easy to get Student Visa for USA from Pakistan there are many reasons but the major reasons are that we don’t know to proper procedure about how you can apply for the student visa for USA, so students to get rid of this problem we have developed this page where you’ll have complete information in detail and you can easily apply for the Student Visa for USA from Pakistan. As the students of our country Pakistan are moving to abroad for higher and better studies in order to get good jobs in future by getting education from well recognized universities in order to brighten the name of their country and the name of their parents too. If one wants to study in United States so it needs a visa for which student have to pass from number of the steps and after wards he/she will be found eligible for entering the country. So here I am going to tell you about the visa procedure.
How to get Student Visa for USA from Pakistan 2017 (Forms, Fee, Consultants)
|US Embassy in Pakistan Details|
|Embassy||United States of America Embassy|
|Address||Diplomatic Enclave, Ramna 5 Islamabad, Pakistan.|
|Telephone/Fax||(+92) 051-201-4000 / (+92) 51-2338071|
Procedure for applying student visa and types of visas:
- There are basically two types of visas which are granted to international peoples for United States
- One is Immigrant visa which is applicable for permanent residing of a person in US and to work over there also and can also leave the country without any restriction and rules of visa and this visa is known as Green card also.
- Another category of visa includes Non- Immigrant visa.
- A person apply for this visa under various circumstances such as:
- When he/she lives in US on non-immigrant visa for number of the years and are doing job there.
- When he/she is married to US citizen.
- When he/she is married to Green Card holder.
- When he/she has invested some amount in business and in any industry in US.
A green card holder can sponsor periodically the close relatives such as Father, mother, sister, brother for the grant of green card even while still are living in their native country.
Now we are going to discuss about the student visa which is named as F-1 Student visa which is related to non- immigrant visa.
The condition of this visa is that student can’t get a job outside of a university and is liable to leave the US after completion of studies.
Whereas local immigration visa permits student to take up a job outside the university during the second year of studies when his/her financial status has changed so they convince the local immigration authority to allow the student to earn but during first year university also offers jobs in first year and it is possible to earn up to $500 per month.
Documents Required for Visa Applying:
- Official letter from the university is most important in which student is about to enrolled and also mention the graduate, post graduate fall or spring semester and also mention the cost of a admission in which subject you have offered the course.
- If one have applied admission in fall semester starting in September so he/she will receive the form in April and July but if you have applied in more than one university so its depend on them that when they will offer you and what will be there cost.
- If student has finally decided to select the university so he/she must apply 90 days before for applying visa.
- Now one have to fill the application and enters the consulate along with documents and afterwards collect an application form called-156 for visa and fill it carefully.
- Information entered should be valid on visa and matches the passport information.
- Student have to keep all documents in envelope and fill the telephone number, address and keep them in envelope after student get visa they will return their envelope and the courier of DD rupees is paid at a separate counter toward courier charge for delivering this envelope.
- The applicant are advised to arrange the documents in proper order before submitting.
- At the first sight at counter will check the passport and after that accepts the DD amount which is collected as visa fees and give a receipt of it and after that counter officer will give a 3 fold pink detachable folder with an identity number to carry with you documents. And after that students has to go ahead to next counter for scrutiny.
- After submission of visa fees having 1 to 5 turns submission of documents is the next step and after their examination counter officer will ask you for the interview.
- If student is asked for the interview so he/she must bring that pink foiled slip along with it and after this these all documents will be returned to you along with visa and passport.
- If interview invitation is not proposed by the student then they will get the visa through courier.
- Students must submit their documents properly and one important document which is institution copy is must to be submit to the consulate officer who would retain it which would be later sealed in envelope and returned pinned to the passport and this copy envelope is submitted to immigration officer of the United States.
- It’s the responsibility of the student to check all the documents carefully when he/she will receive the passport and visa.
Documents required during application of visa:
- Form 1- 20 must be attached from the university where student s enrolled.
- Application form of visa which you have applied on that day must be required.
- As the US Dollar amount vary time to time so must check the amount when you take the DD.
DD must be obtained from private bank not from nay co – operative bank and money will be paid in the form of draft in the US bank.
- One passport size photograph in matt form and one should be pasted on visa application form.
- Validity of a passport must be six months not less than 6 months.
- IELTS/GMATS original test score is required.
- Financial status certificate is required.
- If financial assistance will be awarded by the university but is not mentioned in 1-20 form so student reject this offer.
- If your sponsor who supports you in studies is living in Pakistan so for this additional documents are required.
- Sponsors bank account statement following the availability in cash of funds required to cover the expenses of the first year of studies require pass book and letter from the bank manager mentioned amount which is lying in the bank.
- An affidavit which has mentioned that the sponsor will bear the cost of studies of the entire education u stay in US and documents must be attested and signed by Notary Officer.
- A certificate of sponsor financial resource by a registered chartered accountant.
- If the sponsor is residing in US then following documents are needed:
- His/her salary statement.
- If the sponsor is neither residing in Pakistan nor in US then following documents are required:
- Affidavit of support signed by sponsor.
- Bank account of your sponsor showing the availability of funds of the entire period of education.
- His/her salary statement.
The decision of your visa community will be issued to you immediately after the interview. If you are entered as to grant you visa so you have to pay a visa fees for it. Cash will be submitted in Pakistani amount at counter in consulate office.
Visa Processing Time and its payment:
Visa Application Fee Payment Processing Timelines – Cash at Allied Bank
|Time of Payment||Interview Booking|
|Pay before: 5pm local time||11am local time the next business day.|
Example: If you pay on Monday before 5pm, your receipt will be activated after 11am on Tuesday
|Pay after 5pm local time||11am local time on the following business day + 1 (2 days after payment).|
Example: If you pay on Monday after 5pm, your receipt will be activated after 11am on Wednesday
You will be required to pay visa processing fee of $160 converted in PKR at the counsellor exchange rate. The non immigrant visa fee can be paid by visiting American Express Travel Service Visa Centres or authorized other locations in Pakistan:
At Islamabad, Karachi, Lahore, Speed Ex Faisalabad, Speed Ex Gujranwala, Speed Ex Hyderabad, Speed Ex Multan, Speed Ex Peshawar. So this is the whole information about applying visa from Pakistan to US as student visa.